Click Here to Register Online
Click Here to View the Registration Form (Downloadable)
Cincinnati TOPSoccer is a soccer program specifically designed for children age four and older who have a cognitive or physical disability that prevents them from participating in a typical soccer program.
Our player population is made of children with a large variety of challenges and levels of ability. Some are physically and athletically strong and others are not. Some have cognitive or emotional challenges and others do not. Common disabilities among our players are, but not limited to: Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorder, spinal muscular atrophy, developmental delay, sensory processing disorder, Asperger’s syndrome, etc.
Team placement is based on ability and age/size in order to provide a safe and fair playing environment where every child can be successful.
Practices and games are adjusted to meet the needs of all players.
We celebrate every success no matter how small.
All positions at Cincinnati TOPSoccer are volunteer- based – we have no paid positions.
We continually have a need for the following:
- Assistant Coaches
- On-Field Buddies
- Fund Raisers
- General Assistance for Tournament
We have multiple opportunities to help throughout the year:
- Spring Indoor Season
- 6 weeks, one weekend day per week - between Easter and Memorial Day, Mason
- Summer Camp
- First week in August, 7 – 9 pm at Hope Church. Mason.
- Fall Outdoor Season
- Second week of August through October. One weeknight practice.
- Games start after Labor Day and are always Sunday afternoons at 4pm.
- Mason, Westside, Batavia
- Fall Classic Tournament / Festival
- October 7th 8AM - 4PM Hope Church in Mason
- The largest TOPSoccer tournament in the country, this even includes teams from around the tristate area and includes a full carnival in addition to plenty of soccer. It is the highlight of the year for our players.
Coaches and buddies work with us for entire seasons. Groups or individuals can help at our tournament or other short term activities.
To volunteer with Cincinnati TOPSoccer, download and complete the Volunteer Registration Form below.
Send form to
5081 Cox Smith Rd
Mason OH 45040
Buddies work on the field with children who need assistance (either physically or cognitively) to participate in the game. This could include pushing a wheelchair, guiding a player on the field, or just helping a player to stay focused and participating in the practices and games.
Buddies should be in middle school or older, very mature, have an open mind and heart and be willing to commit their time to the entire season or camp.
The commitment to attend regularly is very important because a bond develops between the player and the buddy very quickly. When players get used to a certain buddy and then they are no longer there, it is difficult on the player.
A general knowledge of soccer is helpful. Buddies do not need to be soccer superstars.
The TOPSoccer Buddy provides on-field assistance to our players during practices and games. This assistance can be physical, intellectual or emotional.
Buddies need to be:
- Present for every practice and game.
- Very mature
- Unafraid to work with people with disabilities
- Able to carry out tasks without constant direction
- Willing to put their player’s needs above their own
- Buddies must have:
- An open mind and loving heart
- No pre-conceived notions or prejudices
- Some basic soccer knowledge and skills